Site Safety Brief and Rules
- Due to the risk of falling rock, or risk of falls from unguarded cliff edges visitors are to remain within the marked off area and are not to approach any closer than 20 metres to any cliff face above road level. It is expressly forbidden to access the cliff tops, climb or scramble on the bunds, stockpiles, rocks and cliff faces.
- No unauthorised access is permitted to the site of special scientific interest situated in the South West area of the quarry.
- Young persons under the age of 16 shall be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst onsite.
- Open Water Swimming is only permitted around the marked course for a 2 hour session at a cost of £6 per person.
- Swimmers not wearing a full wet suit MUST use a tow float (those wearing shorties will also require a tow float).
- When in the water, swimmers shall give way to divers at all times and should note divers may ascend from below.
- Swimmers are only permitted to use the pontoon and steps for entry and exit.
- Swimming is only permitted to any persons over the age of 16.
- Diving is permitted to suitably trained, qualified and competent divers diving to the standards of there qualification or who are under the instruction of an appropriately qualified instructor and where appropriate in accordance with the Diving at Work Regulations 1997.
- Access to or exit from the water is only permitted from the beach area in the south side of the quarry.
- when in the water divers are not to approach closer than 3m to the cliff face when above or below the water level and shall not dislodge any rock whilst in the water.
I understand that:
- Open water swimming and Diving are activities with a risk of personal injury or death. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my own actions and that the facility is used entirely at my own risk. The site operators and site owners accept no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to personal property.
- South West Maritime Academy staff are not part of the emergency services; however, they will assist to the best of their ability.
- You may cancel any dive or swim up to two days prior to the session and a full refund will be issued. If you cancel within a calendar day of the session you will be charged the full amount and no refund will be issued e.g. if you cancel on Wednesday for a session on Thursday you will be charged, however, if you cancel on Tuesday for the Thursday session you will get a full refund.
I declare that I am free for COVID- 19 Symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the last 14 days. I can also confirm that I will observe and adhere to all social distancing and hygiene regulations as stipulated by South West Maritime Academy, the UK Government and the World Health Organisation. In the event that I am symptomatic within 14 days of visiting the site I will contact South West Maritime Academy immediately so that track and trace protocols can be followed.
I declare that I have read and understood the site safety brief and rules. I shall not undertake any activity unless I am suitably equipped, qualified and experienced to complete the swim or dive successfully. I can also confirm that I am medically fit to complete the activity.